Forum Mac Os X server
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Forum Mac Os X server

Forum francophone sur les technologies serveur d'Apple

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

utiliser le port série dans leopard server

AuteurMessage
Alex_
Admin

utiliser le port série dans leopard server Empty
MessageSujet: utiliser le port série dans leopard server   utiliser le port série dans leopard server EmptyMer 5 Mar - 18:10

petit article décrivant comment avoir accès au port série dans Leopard Server
utile dans bien des cas (router cisco, par exemple…)

in english pour une fois ;-)

Having a pressing need to access a Cisco router via the console cable, and not having a PC with a serial port laying around anywhere, I decided to look into how to access the serial port on an Xserve that's running Leopard Server. Previous hints targeted at Tiger Server and below, however, do not work any more as the serial support files are no longer found in /System » Library » StartupItems/. Through some digging, I found the solution to the problem and can now access the router via the serial port at any time, even from my iPhone (through Terminal, of course)!

Leopard Server moved the SerialTerminalSupport shell script to /usr » libexec » serial. The syntax for launching it remains the same, though, just the location has changed. Thinking that was all it took, I stopped the SerialTerminalSupport service with this command (run all these commands as superuser):

Code:
/usr/libexec/serial/SerialTerminalSupport stop

And tried to launch the screen program to open a connection via the serial port with screen /dev/cu.serial. No luck. I see bits and pieces of the Cisco's console prompt in my Terminal window, but the screen session keeps sending garbage -- to the point where I'd have to close the Terminal window and issue a kill command to let go of /dev/cu.serial and the screen session.

It turns out that by default, OS X Server sets the baud rate of the serial port to 57600, which is too fast for the Cisco console port.

The magic file to change to fix this problem is /etc/gettytab. Open that file up in your favorite editor and do a search for Xserve. Comment out the three lines beginning with:

Code:
serial.57600|serial db9 port:

Save the file and reboot. To verify that the change was correct, you can check info on /dev/cu.serial with:

Code:
stty -f /dev/cu.serial

If the first line says speed 9600 baud;, you are good to go. Simply stop SerialTerminalSupport and launch screen with the above command. I wrote a simple shell script to correctly launch screen. For the sake of putting it all together, here it is:
Code:

#! /bin/sh

/usr/libexec/serial/SerialTerminalSupport stop
screen /dev/cu.serial
To quit cleanly out of screen, type Control-A followed by Control-. (period). You'll be prompted to quit; type y and you'll be back at your regular shell. Hope this hint helps someone out there, not that you need to use it every day, but it can be a lifesaver just that once. I know it worked for me.

source
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.erba-nantes.fr

utiliser le port série dans leopard server
Page 1 sur 1